\n"); console.debug(html); $(this).html(html); }); });
Treaty was designed to be quick and easy to integrate, while providing you ample opportunities to customize it according to your specific needs. Here you'll find answers to the most common integration questions, basic installation instructions, full API documentation, and links to tutorials. We hope you find the information you need, but if you still have questions, just open a support request and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Basic Treaty Installation
- Sign up for a Treaty account, selecting any of the available plans.
- Once you have logged in, you will see your API key. This is what you'll need to communicate between your application and Treaty.
- Install tinyMCE and jQuery in the appropriate folder.
Copy and paste the required Treaty libraries into the head of your website:
Add a text area into the body of your document:
Add the Treaty code to the head of your document. The simplest example is below, but can be customized to fit your needs:
- Login to treatytime.com to retrieve your API Key. Replace "MY-API-KEY" with your unique API Key.
- Start collaborating!
Customizing Your Treaty Implementation
We built Treaty specifically with customizability in mind. Almost every aspect of the application can be tweaked to your specific needs. You may want to consider customizing:
- The look of the text editor
- The elements displayed in the text editor toolbar
- The file browser display
- Whether users can see who else is present
- Document import and export options
- Change history display
These are simply some of the ways we customized Treaty as we implemented it on this site. There are many other ways to change the way it looks and functions to fit your situation. For more extensive examples, see the Examples and Tutorials section of this document.
In addition to the libraries, Treaty comes with a number of helper functions that are used in the libraries and may be used freely.
Documentation is a work in progress. Full API documentation is coming very shortly! We apologize for the delay.